Controller - Manufacturing
SF Group are working with a West Midlands manufacturing group to source a competent and commercially able candidate to fulfil a permanent, project based role.
The business in question is seeking to reduce it's manufacturing footprint not only in the UK, but globally and are looking to appoint a senior finance professional to complement the existing project team.
The successful candidate will broadly undertake the following:
- Working with Group members to scope out projects, identifying key strategic and financial sensitivities and modelling out potential solutions
- Supporting the business in preparing business cases for different scenarios, with level of detail appropriate to the relevant stage gate in the process
- Challenging team members to ensure robust analysis of options and alternatives as well as identification of appropriate risks and opportunities
- Partnering with other team members to identify which elements of the manufacturing processes are core and what activities could or should be bought in
- Helping to present business cases to Group management, including drafting of Finance Committee and Board papers where appropriate
You will be a qualified accountant with a background in manufacturing. You will have unequivocally undertaken project work around site consolidation and/or new site set up - this is non negotiable although we are happy that this project work may have been undertaken as part of a broader role.
If the project work has been completed as part of a broader role then you need to be comfortable majoring on this project piece going forward.
The above said, this role is extremely high profile and we would expect that the successful candidate would move from this project role into a senior line finance role within three years.