Head of Inside Sales
Want to earn some serious money?
Want to join the UK's fastest growing software company?
The Head of Business Development role is a hands on position managing a team of over 25 business development executives that via telephone prospecting and follow up, generate a significant percentage of the sales opportunity pipeline. The role is responsible for building business development skills including telephone prospecting, lead qualification and nurturing sales opportunities, all in close collaboration with the marketing and sales teams. He/she is responsible for motivating and driving the team and individuals to achieve and exceed business development sales pipeline targets and Key Performance Indicators. The successful applicant will have the ability to mentor and steer these entry-level sales people to success.
You will need to be a highly confident, articulate and driven leader and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
You will have responsibility for a team pipeline target and for activity levels across the team. These will be based on team targets for:
- Sales qualified leads created from marketing generated leads
- Self-generated leads created
- Number of completed calls and meaningful conversations
- Team ability to deliver against the pipeline targets
- Managing and driving the performance of all team members against key performance indicators
- Motivating and inspiring the team ensuring consistently high levels of team morale
- Supporting the team to look for creative and innovative opportunities to secure appointments and demos
- Running side by side coaching sessions with all team members to increase productivity and improve performance
- Reviewing the performance of all team members against agreed performance measures, setting of objectives and giving feedback on performance in order to support with their on-going development
- Conducting regular team meetings to share upcoming campaigns, communicate performance expectations and forecast pipelines
- Managing internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments
- Ensuring that all team members are equipped with the right training and skills to fulfil their roles effectively by providing and supporting opportunities for career development creating personal development plans to rectify skills gaps
- Maintaining a high performance work ethic and structure within the team by recognising and rewarding good performance, and addressing under performance in line with company procedures
- Allocate individual targets to team members in line with the budget requirements
- Continual monitoring of lead quality, coordinating with marketing to develop campaigns to generate leads.
- Research into calling strategies to improve success rate.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in coaching, mentoring and managing a business development team
- Proven track record of delivering against sales pipeline targets
- Self-confidence, gravitas, and the impact to quickly earn respect at all levels
- Motivated by goals and targets
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Hard working, ambitious and competitive
- Attention to detail with an organised and methodical approach to your work
- Someone who is flexible and able to deal with change and a busy workload
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven experience in management of business development teams
- Proven professional experience in the technology industry
- Proven experience managing teams and multiple stakeholders within multi-division and matrixed structures
- Proven experience implementing and executing lead development