An outstanding, professional and experienced Produce Buying Assistant is required to join our client at their corporate Head Office.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level or equivalent and possess excellent organisational and administration skills thus providing full support to a Buying Director within a fast-paced department.
You will be a confident individual capable of liaising with all levels and departments, be able to organise and prioritise a heavy work load whilst demonstrating the ability to be proactive and reactive in an always changing day.
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties ensuring an ongoing understanding of current issues, proposing/taking action where appropriate
- Act and decide independently within delegated areas of responsibility
- General administration, word processing, data entry and filing
- Have full knowledge of the Produce Manager’s products and suppliers
- Actively manage the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving systems for greater efficiency
- Ensure all manual and computerised bulletin procedures and files are accurate and up to date at all times, including CBIS and Point of Sale Information
- Manage all due diligence, advertising and related issues for new products/specials from the point of order placement to bulletin issue
- Open and read all general correspondence to ensure an ongoing understanding of current issues
- Be familiar with the Produce Manager’s projects and supplier base
- Liaise with external service providers as required and directed by the Produce Manager
- Adopt bulletin procedures that are currently in place and keep up-to-date with new departmental systems both manual and computerised as they are introduced
Please note due to the high volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.