Regional HR Consultant - (home-based/travel within Midlands)
St James’s Place are excited to be launching a new Consultancy Service, which will deliver a range of professional services to its Partners in relation to people management, leadership and organisational effectiveness. The HR Consultant will be part of a new team dedicated to supporting the Partners in developing their 'back office’ infrastructure, maximising efficiency, and recruiting and retaining the best talent whilst managing the risks associated with employing people. The HR Consultant will play a critical role in developing and delivering this Consultancy service and in underpinning the business’s future growth strategy.
This role is home-based with requirement for travel in and around the Midlands area.
- Analyse and recommend strategic and practical plans to address employment-related issues within Partner practices, guiding implementation as appropriate.
- Support St James’s Place Partners in identifying a 'back office’ organisational structure which facilitates effective working practices and supports future growth through their people and processes.
- Highlight potential challenges in implementing proposals for change and provide options and solutions to those challenges.
- Coach/provide guidance to Partners/Practice Managers in dealing with complex, sensitive and/or high risk employment issues, particularly in relation to workplace changes e.g. redundancy, change to job roles, salaries etc.
- Coach/provide ongoing advice and guidance to Partners/Practice Managers regarding recruitment, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, redundancy, pay/bonus reviews, learning and development, succession planning, absence, ill health/disability etc.
- Provide guidance to Partners regarding the training, development and engagement of their team(s).
- Develop and deliver engaging training/learning events to Partners/Partnership Support Staff/Partnership Development Managers (and others) as required.
- Work closely with the Field Management and Head Office team to ensure alignment in supporting Partners;
- Act as conduit between Partners and Head Office to ensure the development and delivery of products and services are driven by Partners current and future needs.
- Share best practice solutions to Partners and the Field Management teams.
- Refer Partners to expert sources of help and support which is outside of their specialism e.g. Legal, Marketing, Business Assurance.
- Organise and attend events/workshops to ensure Partnership and St. James’s Place is well informed and aligned in respect of current/future employment and associated legislation and people management best practice.
- Represent Partner interest at a corporate level to ensure the Partner 'voice’ is heard.
- CIPD qualified (ideally MCIPD) or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Experience of working as a HR Business Partner or in a HR Consultancy or Business Management role;
- Credible generalist HR experience gained from delivering results within a collaborative and partnership focused role with multiple senior stakeholders;
- Passionate about delivering customer focused, best practice, pragmatic HR solutions which add value to the business;
- Confident communicator and skilled influencer who quickly engages with, and builds effective working relationships at all levels and across a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience of providing good quality advice and guidance on a wide range of complex employee relations issues, identifying and advising upon the associated risks involved;
- Experience of identifying learning needs, and designing and delivering engaging development solutions and materials;
- Experience of leading HR projects, change and/or transformation programmes;
- Analytical thinker who takes a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and decision-making;
- Coaching skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage workload with minimum levels of supervision;
- Resilient, flexible, able to work under pressure when required and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Skilled in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Applies emotional intelligence to a diverse range of people and situations;
- Knowledge of current thinking in HR issues and trends and evidence of continuing professional development;
- Able to travel regularly and stay overnight occasionally
- Experience of wealth management/financial services an advantage
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £54 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager'by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; 'Best Financial Advisor’ atThe Personal Finance Awards’and the 2017 City of London ' Wealth Management Company of the Year'. We are also the current holders of the 'Britain’s Most Admired Companies Award’ within our sector.