PMO / Planner
The immediate role will be to help deliver of one of the UK’s largest automation projects currently in progress. This will entail the delivery of key elements of the project scope and supporting the Project Manager / Programme Director with the overall project completion.
Following on from the initial role the candidate will be responsible for the successful execution and delivery of Baggage Handling and Warehouse / Postal projects for the company’s rapidly expanding Automation Line of Business.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Demonstrable experience in constructing multiple project WBS and the subsequent creation of the project schedules in preparation for submission for approval for the generation of project baselines
- To continually oversee and update the project schedule in line with extant contracts, producing the necessary & relevant internal and external management information to validate project progress against schedule and approved budget providing where necessary all supporting variation commentary.
- Capability to produce project plans with full resource loads and cost loads to substantiate a view of the robust in period and cumulative data sets to be utilised by the project manager and wider project stakeholders
- To support the project manager and commercial manager with accurate data that can demonstrate the overall project performance. This will also require attendance at various internal project meetings.
- To work collaboratively with the various project stakeholders, including supplier schedules, to produce accurate critical path analysis and report any variations against it.
- To act as the champion for understanding schedule interfaces and dependencies to produce the necessary key milestones and / or Milestone registers for submission for approvals.
- Have the communication skills to flawlessly interact with various stakeholders from technical authorities to management to guarantee schedule compliance and is duly respected by all parties.
- To support the project manager at project meetings
- To attend project change meetings and support the commercial team for input into any instruction for quotation or implementation
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Understanding of production & management techniques in producing QSRA reports of the overall schedule
- Competent with understanding various commercial models including but not limited to NEC 3 / MF1 / JCT contract models.
- Demonstrable experience on working on significant CAPEX projects across UK / EU
- Knowledge of key processes of automated systems within Baggage Handling / Postal Courier / Warehousing environments
- Advanced Project Reporting & Drafting skills utilising MS Project and Primavera / P6 skills
- Proficient MS Office user especially EXCEL
- Strong and confident communicator
- Ideally have PRINCE2 / APMP
- Technical or engineering degree