Our client is an established Design and Build Engineering Business providing leading edge technology to the Power Generation Industry. This highly successful organisation has recently secured several high value contracts and is experiencing a period of rapid growth.
• To prepare, in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, engineering estimates for Electrical Engineering scopes of work when requested and monitor costs against budget.
• To prepare and issue Electrical Engineering deliverables, in line with the overall programme agreed with the Project Manager, and to review and comment on Electrical engineering deliverables prepared by other Electrical Engineers, typically Single Line Diagrams, Electrical Load Schedules, Wiring Diagrams, Electrical Schematics etc …
• To review and coordinate Electrical Engineering deliverables from external parties; comment on and action amendments where necessary with relevant parties
• To instigate and co-ordinate Value Engineering for the Electrical Engineering design discipline
• To liaise with other disciplines, as required, to achieve the design intent
• To attend and contribute to regular internal and client review meetings and follow up actions, as required
• To monitor, be aware of, and record changes to Electrical Engineering work scopes and instigate project change requests as required.
• University degree in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification.
• Ideally, 5 years' power plant engineering experience within the same or closely related industry, working on capital plant.
• Some working knowledge of MCC's, VSD's electrical machines and harmonics would be beneficial.