On behalf of one of my large retail clients, I am looking for a commercially astute Finance Analyst to be a key player in a small FP&A team focusing on a key business area.
Overview of the position of Finance Analyst:
As Finance Analyst, you will play a key role within a newly formed FP&A team, sitting centrally within the Retail trading division supporting the monthly management accounts process as part of a team of four. You will act as a key liaison and provide ad-hoc financial support to a number of stakeholders in the wider finance team and non finance.
Key Responsibilities as Finance Analyst:
- Month end profit and cost accounting and overall aggregated Retail views to provide insight around the key drivers of business performance
- Ensure that key financial standards are adhered to and all compliance requirements are met whilst maintaining accurate financial reporting each month
- Providing technical finance advice with the ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with the trading and wider finance teams to maximise profit opportunities and cost efficiencies with Retail whilst providing support with the monthly forecasting and budget processes, as well as regular reviews of business performance
- Support category teams and marketing with assessing the financial viability of in store events/promotions to assist decision making
- Be the champion of best practice. Identifying areas of potential weakness in process within commercial finance and leading projects to improve compliance and reduce the potential for profit leakage.
To be considered for the position of Finance Analyst, candidates must be/have:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified (newly qualified or up to 2 years PQE)
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and also engage non finance staff into understanding the numbers
- Drive and passion to grow with the business
- Excellent MS Excel skills
Package on offer for the position of Finance Analyst:
- £38,000-£42,000 basic
- Private medical care
- Continuous learning and development opportunities within a large, fast-paced organisation.