Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
As part of the team responsible for the successful delivery of a number of large apartment schemes for the private rented sector throughout the U.K, the candidate must show strong planning and programming skills and be able to monitor and manage a multidisciplinary delivery team of staff and consultants through the acquisition, planning, procurement, construction and defects liability phases of a project. The role will involve the candidate developing strong relationships with key members of the project team, the Contractor and their delivery team.
This role will be based on our high rise residential development in the centre of Birmingham.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Assists in the development of the Client’s Development Brief and Employer’s Requirements including defining the Project scope and brief such as schedules of requirements in terms of space, services and environmental conditions of the Project
- Issues Project progress reports to the Project Director on a regular basis (weekly unless otherwise agreed).
- Assists with the procurement and appointment of Consultants.
- Determines and communicates the Client’s priorities for the Project.
- Represents the company in dealing with other organisations in resolving issues such as: Property Agreements, Rights of Light, Party Wall Issues, Section Agreements (106,278 etc)
- Establish with the Project Director the total funding and programme requirements and obtains approval to proceed. Ensures that Project related decisions are obtained by the project director from the relevant key personnel within the company.
- Ensure Client contractual responsibilities are satisfied.
- Agrees the Project organisation and roles and responsibilities proposed to execute the Project.
- Responsible for the production of the Project Procedures Manual.
- Establishes authority levels, with the Project Director from a programme and cost perspective, of those participating in the Project.
- Participate in the development of the contract procurement strategy.
- Assists with determining the scope of enabling works and co-ordinates the procurement of these packages.
- Assists with the procurement and appointment of Main Contractors.
- Makes defined administration and commercial decisions including design approvals (within an agreed authority level).
- Establishes and communicates all Client policies affecting the Project.
- In the event of major changes to the scope of works, ensures through the appropriate authority levels that availability of additional funds is secured.
- Controls requests for Client changes, particularly during detailed design and construction.
- Arranges necessary financial / compliance / technical audits of Project.
- Receives reports and recommendations and ensures their implementation.
- Isues Client instructions including Change Orders to the Contract Administrator ("CA") and Quantity Surveyor ("QS").
- Obtains and reviews budget and programme proposals from CA/QS.
- Assists the Design Team in the development and evaluation of design options to ensure that the developing design will enable the building to function effectively and meets its objectives.
- Resolves, on a day-to-day basis, questions raised by the Client’s staff and the Design Team.
- Ensures that the requirements and responsibilities of the Client are carried out in terms of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
- Liaises with the CA on the specific needs of the letting team.
You must have experience as a Development and/or Project Manager, in the residential, commercial or mixed-use development industry or with a developer with regeneration credentials. You must be used to working to exacting standards and strict deadlines to negotiate and prepare comprehensive and quality offer documentation to ensure the successful acquisition of new development opportunities. You must also be an ambitious and self-motivated person capable of unlocking value through the planning process, and co-ordinate and lead teams of professionals to achieve company goals
Qualifications and training
You are a person with excellent management and communication skills, an established portfolio of successful projects, and fully established contacts to back up that profile. You are also fully proficient in the use of appropriate software such as the Microsoft Office package, including Word, Excel and Project.