Regulatory Co-ordination Analyst
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
HSBC Commercial Banking (CMB) serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Regulatory Co-ordination Analyst.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a key Subject Matter Expert (SME) to UK CMB Segment colleagues and the wider UK CMB and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) community
- Provide timely support for the preparation and completion of regulatory reporting to senior management within UK CMB
- Monitor remediation activity for UK CMB customers
- Support relationship managers through the remediation process and discussing findings with team leaders
- Be involved in the implementation of Operating Expenses (OE) action plans and Enterprise-wide Risk Assessment EWRA reporting
- Ensure the robust and consistent application of Anti Money Laundering (AML) assessment methodology across all approvals and reviews, working closely with UK CMB FCC
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working within CMB frontline business, risk and control management environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and reporting experience
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009D4I.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.