EMS System Integration Diagnostics Engineer - Apex TL
Job Title: EMS System Integration Diagnostics Engineer
Hours: The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
- To perform the upfront and support throughout vehicle programmes in the system definition, integration, validation and refinement of Gasoline EMS and TCU Systems
- Carry out activities to include but not limited to Verification, Validation and Reporting of EMS functionality working towards Engineering sign off.
- Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals for consideration, and execute the projects that are approved.
- To develop bespoke EMS SW as part of the research activities
- To be a key member of the Powertrain Integration team, driving the implementation of latest available technologies to ensure the competitiveness and success of the company's vehicles.
- Reporting to the System Integration & Diagnostic Senior Manager for EMS & TCU Electronic function activity.
- Creation / Support in developing Functional Specifications - including OBD diagnostic specification, Component FMEA's and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- EMS Functionality (Cruise Control, ASL, Stop Start, Immobiliser, Electronic Throttle Control etc)
- Use of rapid prototype SW and HW
- Verification , validation and reporting of EMS functionality in support of the VVP&R sign-off
- FMEA's (PIN/CAN)
- Component Integration
- Software fault diagnosis / report throughout S/W release phases. Vehicle build support and associated diagnosis
- Support Calibration team in OBD and diagnostic activity.
- Ensure all data and reports are appropriately documented.
- Ensures that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed / updated as technology progresses.
- Support development and use of new technologies within the department.
- Support supplier selection process.
- The role requires frequent overseas travel to SMTC Shanghai, and climatic test locations
- Up to 5 years experience within a systems Integration delivery team from either an OEM or ESP environment or a wish develop experience within this field.
- Minimum HND in Electrical and/or Electronics or a similar relevance.
- Knowledge of Bosch EMS, ETAS INCA toolset and MATLAB experience an advantage
- Have experience of the complete product development cycle from conception through to implementation and then on into current engineering.
- Good working knowledge of systems architecture legislation
- Knowledge of the Chinese automotive / OEM industry an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise, separating what's important from what's urgent.
- Good understanding of competitors products.
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking - able to identify new opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Legal ability to work within the UK
- Full UK or EU driving licence
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required - full training will be provided by the company
- Reports to: PTEC Senior Manager
- The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
- Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
- You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.