The Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 College merged with Stafford College to form the Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Based in our Performing Arts department, we are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the manager and staff throughout the area. You will be the key contact for enquiries from students, parents, employers and staff as well as coordinating Cross College Events, Parents' Evenings and Performances.
In addition to a good standard of general education, you should have a relevant business admin qualification along with previous experience of working in a varied and busy administrative role and managing/overseeing the organisation of events. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and Access) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines. Hours of work are usually office hours Monday to Friday, but working evenings and weekends will be required when organising and coordinating events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an efficient and welcoming reception service.
- To provide administrative support to the Group Head of Performing Arts.
- To coordinate arrangements with staff and attend Cross College Events, Parents' Evenings, Performances and External Hire events. This may include attending evening and weekends as required.
- To organise rooming requests for exams and special requests for students with special exam concessions.
- To issue hourly paid appointment forms, and to monitor and process claims made against these, ensuring that all registration information is properly completed.
- To liaise with the Finance Department regarding budget monitoring, orders, requisitions and purchasing procedures.
- To make bookings, confirm reservations and receive and keep records of student fees in relation to student visits/excursions and also to assist excursion leaders in planning itineraries, undertaking risk assessments and arranging parental briefings.
- To liaise with personal tutors regarding the production and provision of UCAS and non-UCAS student references.
- To liaise with the Faculty/Centre Management Team regarding the staff timetables/student assessment plans for the year and to maintain an accurate and up to date record of any subsequent changes via Prosolution and Pro monitor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a good standard of education qualified to level 4 or equivalent (Essential)
- Has relevant business admin qualifications.
- Has previous experience of working in a varied administrative and secretarial role.
- Has previous experience of managing/overseeing the organisation of events.
- Has a confident manner and ability to communicate effectively at all levels showing an enthusiasm and passion for performing arts with visitors and guests.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is able to work to tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Is familiar and confident using the common business software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access as well as other systems used within the College e.g. Celcat, Student Records etc
- Has excellent organisational skills and is able to work under pressure.
- Is able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility. The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
What's in it for you?
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 Days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Centre Supervisor, click on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 13 th September 2017 with interviews to be held on the 15 th September.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.