Randstad CPE are looking for two career driven design managers to work for a Birmingham based well established builder. If you are looking for the next step forward this may be the role for you. Our client are searching for design managers with the ability and desire to consistently produce the very best quality work in the construction industry.
- The successful design manager will manage and co-ordinate the design of construction (non-civil) projects from cradle to grave (tender through to completion).
- Projects will range in value up to 25 million. This will include a mixture of smaller and larger projects.
- The majority of work will be office based but you will be required to work on site with the design team at times.
- You will have a proven track record of successful design management projects, including experience of tender stage, pre construction through to construction and completion.
- Stage one and two work will be required so you must have a minimum of two years experience in managing these stages.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the design team from tender to construction through to completion.
- Ensuring design team meetings are held to ensure clear communication throughout the process.
- Organising and updating design schedule and relavent paperwork
- Tender documentation appraisal
- Regularly review the design, ensuring all complications are dealt with and communication is clear.
- Resolving any design queries through liason with client and any other third parties.
The correct candidate will have strong organisation and communication skills with the abilty to man manage a large team whilst still organising the ongoing project. You will have an analytical approach with an ability to solve problems. You must be experienced in client and customer facing roles with experience of successful relationship building.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and match the description above, then apply now. Alternatively if you want to discuss the role further please call Tim Johnson on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.