About The Role
This role will work with cross functional teams to support a sustainable supply chain to ensure Severn Trent Water's external expenditure is effectively managed to deliver the lowest cost and highest standards. You will be involved in a number of areas including research of suppliers, trends, opportunities and risks, supplier selection, managing the quotation and tender process though to implementing contracts.
As a Buyer, your key skills and competencies will include:
- purchasing experience (ideally indirects) and a minimum A level standard GCSE Maths and English A-C
- a commercial background with a willingness to study for professional qualifications eg: CIPS
- experience and knowledge of purchasing processes
- ideally will have used a variety of computer software including developing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases (including SAP, Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.)
- ideally having experience of using various purchasing/procurement systems (ex: Ariba and SAP)
Severn Trent Benefits:
- Salary of £25,000/annum
- Fantastic Pension scheme with a company contribution of twice your personal contribution rate up to a maximum of 15%
- Sharesave Scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays with an option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Full range of flexible benefits such as SMART water - save money on your bills, private medical insurance, dental insurance, childcare voucher scheme
This is a full-time role based at our busy, high-tech head office in Coventry City Centre. With an on-site Costa Coffee, Restaurant, and a Train Station and Bus stop just found the corner, we have everything you could need.
Who are we?
We are a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1 million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.
The teams who represent Severn Trent Water in person and over the phone are the face of our business. We all play an essential role for the company to deliver a vital service to 8 million customers in homes, hospitals, shops, schools, and businesses across the Midlands.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a role you are interested in, please apply on the link below.