Sales Account Director MICE
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Account Director MICE London and South region for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
Successfully voted both 'England's Leading Resort' in The World Travel Awards and 'England's Best Golf Hotel and England's' Best Golf Course in The World Golf Awards 2015, The Belfry Hotel is a leading 4* Resort settled in 550 acres of West Midlands countryside. Our world-class facilities include luxurious guest bedrooms, over 20 conference and events rooms, restaurants, bars, a nightclub, a luxury Spa and Health Club and of courseâ€¦ amazing golf!
Scope of the Role:
Covering the southern region and London the key responsibilities of this role include; generating new business opportunities aligned to the Belfry business needs, driving predetermined sales strategies, actions and initiatives and identifying new opportunities for attracting new clients.
As Account Director London/South, you will also be required to account manage a defined portfolio of owned accounts, to retain current business levels and secure growth of revenues whilst driving forward potential contractual status for The Belfry.
You will also have the ability to assimilate facts and convert to new business opportunities whilst meeting set targets and KPI's.
This exciting new role requires a driven and pro-active individual who can engage and inspire clients to experience The Belfry and all it has to offer. The role will be based from London but travel to The Belfry will be required for team meetings, client meetings, showarounds and hospitality events.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Account Management of key MICE Agents, Partners and Bookers for The Belfry whilst seeking out new opportunities to maximise profit;
- Assist the Sales Director with the creation and fulfilment of annual MICE Sales plans for London and the South;
- Liaising and working closely with the Conference, Events and Golf sales team proactively to ensure and maximise the conversion of key MICE enquiries;
- Have a full understanding of the MICE market place and key clients in the marketplace;
- Conducting sales research and sales activity telesales, site/hotel show rounds, entertaining clients, attending relevant trade shows, client evenings and fam trips to grow market share;
- Maintaining up-to-date activity reports advising of new business and ongoing pipeline enquiries.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven experience within this segment and must have great existing client relationships in the marketplace
- Experience of selling luxury resorts in the 4/5* and conference market is a must
- You must be confident in negotiating and contracting with client
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated to achieve targets
- Strong account management, strategic and exceptional organisational skills necessary
- Pride yourself on the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communicator who can drive relationships and is comfortable building regional and international networks to drive sales
- Knowledge of Delphi system or similar essential an advantage
- Great interpersonal and people skills, be a brand ambassador for The Belfry
What's in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Package
- 33 days Holidays (incl BHâ€™s)
- Life Assurance, Income protection and critical illness cover
- Private Medical Cover
- Meals on Duty
- Car Parking
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at our sister Hotels
- Plus Many Many More
A flexible and mature work attitude along with proven experience of working to targets and under pressure are key to this post. If you meet the above criteria and are ready to embark on a new career, please apply online with a cover note detailing relevant qualifications and experience.