OBD Calibration Engineer- Apex TL
Job Title: OBD Calibration Engineer
Hours: The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
- To develop Gasoline EMS Calibrations to meet legislative OBD and IUMPR requirements for a range of engines using PFI and GDI fuel systems, both naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
- Carry out activities to include but not limited to the delivery of OBD calibration for the clients global markets (EU,ROW & China) through test bed and vehicle use. These activities will include hot and cold climate tests with frequent travel, including some to China.
- Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals under consideration and equally be a pro-active team member within Powertrain Integration leading and/or assisting in the implementation of new process improvements to ensure competitiveness and success moving forward.
- Reporting to the PTEC Snr Manager.
- Assist in developing the Gasoline OBD calibration team, programme plans, RFQ generation and ensuring that the calibration activities are conducted to time and cost, with the correct resource and that the product achieves the targets of PDS or SOR processes.
- Provide the PTEC Snr Manager with status reports and appropriate completed sign off documentation for the respective allotted vehicle programme.
- Support weekly team meetings and technical reviews.
- Responsible for Powertrain EMS OBD calibration development in vehicle, on chassis rolls and engine dynamometer internally or externally
- Assist in developing EMS OBD calibration sign off criteria.
- Ensure that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed / updated as technology progresses.
- Support development and use of new technologies and/or processes within the department.
- Support in-market and environment testing.
- Support supplier selection process.
- The role requires frequent overseas to overseas test locations
- At least 5 years experience within an Engine OBD Calibration delivery team, either within an OEM or a consultancy.
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevance.
- Good working knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience desirable.
- Have experience of the complete product development cycle from conception through to implementation and then on into current engineering.
- Good working knowledge of European emissions legislation.
- Knowledge of the Chinese automotive / OEM industry an advantage.
- Good Broad knowledge of all Vehicle/Powertrain Mechanical Systems and components with an understanding of System Integration within the overall Vehicle delivery process
- Ability to prioritise, separating what's important from what's urgent.
- Good understanding of competitors products.
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking - able to identify new opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Legal ability to work within the UK
- Full UK or EU driving licence
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required - full training will be provided by the company
- Reports to: Calibration and System Integration Senior Manager
- The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
- Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
- You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.