Emissions Lab Technician/Master Technician- Apex TL
Job Title: Emissions Lab Technician/Master Technician
Hours: The employee is required to work 37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
To provide a skilled technician support service to the new laboratory.
The person will be responsible for all aspects of vehicle emissions testing; from vehicle preparation and equipment installation, through to testing and formulating and validating test results. Emissions laboratory Technicians are also responsible for maintaining and calibrating all test equipment and working to high quality systems and Health & Safety procedures.
- Prepare all vehicles for chassis dynamometer testing.
- Perform Installation work required to fuel & exhaust systems including connecting sample pipes and any other instrumentation / logging equipment required.
- Install vehicles onto chassis dynamometer and connect analytical and computer software equipment used for testing.
- Perform the emission testing and drive the vehicles to the required test cycles.
- Collate and validate test results
- Check data after completion of test to ensure data integrity & results meet the test request.
- Maintain & calibrate all test equipment.
- Ensure all calibration records are kept up to date to maintain VCA certification.
- Work to high quality standards and to all Health & Safety procedures.
- Automotive diagnostic / fault finding techniques, including electrical systems
- Should be familiar with the operation of a chassis dynamometer and emission analysers and the installation and removal of the UUT
- Have the ability to conduct the required testing and complete the drive cycles to the required standards with no deviations
- Be familiar with all data acquisition equipment and data loggers
- Knowledge of drive cycles and the adherence to them
- to ensure accurate, repeatable measurements
- It is expected that the successful candidate will come from an engine / vehicle testing background having completed a Technical apprenticeship (NVQ3) or equivalent
- Be comfortable with a time and measures system for all aspects of the job, able to work under time pressures and still produce quality results
- Be confident in the use of AVL Concerto, Microsoft Word, Uni Plot, Excel and be capable of operating Excel macro's to perform data analysis tasks
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and determined to succeed with a keen sense of continuous improvement and professional development
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexible and prepared to work overseas as the business needs
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge Yellow belt qualification desirable
- IOSH Managing Safety Certificate
-Emissions Laboratory Technicians report to the Team Leader Test and Build.
- Technicians seek guidance from the Master Technician
- Guidance and technical direction for project matters is provided by the Development Engineers
- Facility Engineers provide guidance for calibration / instrumentation and mechanical repairs
- The job title/ description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
- Your Job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
- You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.