Quality Systems Engineer
We are recruiting a fantastic Quality System Engineer position to work for a growing Manufacturing Group based in West Midlands. With significant investment and growth forecasted for 2017 my client is looking for the ideal candidate who is an internal auditor for ISO9001, has a robust understanding of TS16949 and is comfortable with quality problem solving such as 8D. The role aims to improve standardisation of their Quality systems across their group.
Our client is part of much larger Manufacturing Group with turnover expected to hit £100 million this year. Based in the West Midlands region they have multiple sites across the West Midlands. My client has recently been awarded investment from Government which has allowed the business modernise and improve their existing infrastructure. Significant growth is forecasted in 2017 in which this role is seen as business critical. The role offers full autonomy to shape strategic direction in a Quality systems sense alongside fantastic opportunities throughout the group.
Reporting directly into the Quality Director this role will autonomously look to lead the business transition to IATF 16949. As the role evolves there is plans to expand and develop the Quality team.
- Lead the transition from ISO9001 2008 to 2015 accreditation and IATF 16949
- Develop and maintain the company's quality reporting systems, ensuring data metrics are inputted
- Continuous improvement initiatives such as 5s across the plant
- Drive the quality management of components and assemblies for projects
- Involvement in audits for internal, customers and suppliers
- Utilise APQP and PPAP techniques that will look to reduce quality concerns
- Collate, produce and manage customer and internal KPIs
- Internal auditor for either IATF 16949/ISO9001
- Strong ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent knowledge of quality reporting systems
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA competent
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- Strong engager who can influence different stakeholders
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits