My client is a global leader within the Automotive industry looking for an experienced Manufacuring Engineer to join the company and put their expertise into practise
Manufacturing Engineer - Summary of Position
- Assist with site industrial plan, Capital investment, Capacity management and general factory
- engineering improvements.
Manufacturing Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Company’s total quality philosophy by:
- Working in a safe manner
- Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Support a safe working environment, considering company procedures and current legislation
- Actively seek CIMS Productivity improvements, analysis, proposals, execution and reporting via Timing plan and single page summary
- Communicating in an effective manner at all times
- Where required provide support to other factory units or projects as depicted by Site Industrialisation Manager
- Create detailed timing plans for own projects with regular reviews and status updates for communication of needs, barriers, next steps. Lead meetings to aid communication and drive own projects.
- Create specifications and justifications for new and refurbished equipment
- Support Purchasing with regards Supplier quotations and negotiations
- Represent the company at customers and suppliers, being prepared to travel as part of the project deliverables
- Create Capex (A3) Proposals for budget & strategy requirements
- Identify capacity and routing requirements for new programs.
- Assist Manager with industrial plan and capacity improvements
- Participate in other requests/requirements.
- Respond to any customer issues that arise where necessary.
- Manage from start to finish Capital and non-capital projects ensuring, on time seamless introduction and adherence to business procedures throughout
- Support and or initiation of BPE to improve systems in relation to role scope
- Track Capital & Revenue spending for all projects
- Lead all Projects and identify personal gaps in capability level with a view to becoming self-sufficient with regards the role scope deliverables.
- Ensure new facility introduction projects encompass a total project deliverable in terms of standard work, spares, maintenance requirements etc.
- Ensue asset management systems are adhered to for new machines, transfers, disposals and maintenance of the engineering asset register
- Project Manage Internal Machine Build projects
- Project manage new technology improvement projects such as Cobot introduction and I4
- Provide input to VA/VE, CFR, PCR requests as required
- Support problem solving activities
- Ensure PCR, Deviation system compliance as applicable
- Ensure where possible that improvements are read across the business to maximise improvement potential
- Support visits as required either from customers, suppliers and or visitors
- Ensure adherence to relevant company process standards as regards new and refurbished equipment
- Work well in a team environment and support others either with their project commitments or personal development
- Maintain Factory layout with respect to machine moves and new machinery introduction
- Utilise Cad layouts for cell designs and relocation scenarios
- Work safely ensuring relevant Risk assessments RAMS are completed in a timely manner
- Review update and or create the PFMEA for new or modified equipment
- Liaise with NPI ME to support smooth introduction of product onto new facility prior to launch
Manufacturing Engineer - Role Specific Requirements
- To be the Supplier Liaison engineer for all BIR machine Refurbishment requirements of the Industrial Plan
- To prepare machines for offsite refurbishment documenting current machine capability and general condition prior to leaving site.
- To arrange for the dismantle, disconnection from services, packing and shipping of machines requiring refurbishment to the supplier.
- To monitor progress to the timing plan, attending the supplier premises for project reviews, general com’s and dealing with any issues.
- To Communicate Machinery RFB status by maintaining the timing plan clearly showing current state, slippage, changes etc.
- Also, to provide project status on visual communication boards within BIR site at the machines destination cell.
- On completion of refurbishment make arrangements for delivery to site and full installation, testing, dealing with any snags.
- Commission and perform an acceptance capability study, ensure any agreed personnel training is carried out prior to handover to production.
- To ensure improvement plans and results are regularly communicated to the Site Industrialisation Manager and that individuals receive timely feedback on suggestion implementation.
- To promote and support the application of Lean Enterprise principles and create and manage plans
Manufacturing Engineer - Minimum Qualifications/Experience/Skills:
- Target qualification: Degree or equivalent Key skills:
- Communication skills - Written and verbal
- Safety awareness
- CAD Knowledge - AutoCAD / Pro-E / Solid Modelling
- Tool and gauge design and awareness
- Tool cost reductions
- CNC setting and operating
- CNC Program writing - Siemens / Fanuc
- Report writing
- Knowledge of PLC structure
- Knowledge of Robotic products models and programming