NPI Production Engineer
We are recruiting a fantastic NPI Production Engineer to work for a global FTSE 250 Engineering business based in Staffordshire. With international reach and significant investment across the group, my client is now looking to add a NPI Production Engineer to their Engineering division. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to instil robust processes for New Product Introduction & have a strong understanding of APQP and FMEA techniques.
Our client is a Global FTSE 250 Engineering business, based in Staffordshire. With four global sites and a sales and service network spanning 75 countries, this is a chance to join with a global business that is a market leader. After recently entering a number of lucrative markets globally they are now looking to bolster their Engineering team. The role provides full career development across their business and the opportunity to work with a number of major Engineering firms.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, this role will oversee my clients NPI programme.
- Delivering robust processes for selected NPI projects into the production facility against set timelines and budgets
- Attendance at associated project meetings by presenting and reporting on progress against the timeline and budget
- Striving to achieve Engineering advantage through innovative, efficient, and effective product design
- Generate ideas and proposals to develop NPI and APQP processes
- Select, specifiy and detail new equipment and processes accurately within the economic scope of the selected business opportunities, followed by detailed cost analysis
- Utilise the tools and techniques associated with lean manufacturing
- Produce 3D & 2D CAD drawings for NPI projects
- Oversee the installation, commissioning and pass off of all new equipment for projects
- Engineering HNC/Degree qualified
- Past experience in NPI production engineering roles
- Sound knowledge of quality systems and process control methods
- Good understanding of APQP and quality techniques such as FMEA
- Broad range of manufacturing process experience. Notably assembly and test process cell design
- Ability to understand financial and commercial aspects of NPI
- Conversant with BS308, 2D and 3D Autocad
£35,000 - £40,000 + pension, healthcare