Health and Safety Professional
Would you like to work for an organisation where you are valued? Would you like a role where you can develop and progress your skills as a Health and Safety professional? Would you like a varied role?
We have partnered with a Housing Association who are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic health and safety professional who likes working with people.
This client operate a high trust high performance environment. They are an ambitious organisation and team but with an element of fun. You will be working from a modern office with great facilities in a good location that encourage a healthy work / life balance. They are willing to invest in their staff, make everyone feel valued and for this reason have a high staff retention rate.
Group H&S Advisor covering a varied remit, excellent opportunity for exposure to H&S.
Varied role covering DSE, stress assessments through HR (you will be trained to do this) along with advising line managers on method statements who are are IOSH trained
- Office audits e.g. fire hazards.
- Safe systems.
- Checking and monitoring the accident/incident report using the online system. Investigating cases further with line managers through to completion.
- Risk assessments.
- Attending H&S committees.
- Delivering training.
It is essential:
- That are you are NEBOSH qualified - General or Construction.
- Are passionate about Health and Safety.
- Have housing related H&S experience - either a specific sector or a group role. This could be private residential, social housing or a Council.
- Have a driving licence.
- Good IT Skills (MS Office).
Hands on role.
Committed to carrying out a good job, working hard, upskilling their current skillset.
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and assertive enough to firmly enforce H&S points if necessary. (I.e. resist managers/staff who may try to "pass the buck" from time to time).
- You do not need to be the finished article, this organisation are willing to invest time and pay for you to gain further qualifications to upskill you.
If the information provided has sparked an interest, please do call me direct on for a confidential conversation and more information.
This organisation are offering a competitive package tailored around the candidate's experience. There is a base salary, business mileage, 25 days holiday per annum and 3 different attractive pension options.