Retail Creative & HSBC UK Brand Manager - 6 Month FTC
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Retail Creative & HSBC UK Brand Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Support shape and uphold the group brand design guidelines working alongside Group Brand Design
- Provide support for brand approval process for trade mark licence agreements
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Marketing management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Degree level or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009OED.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc