Night Shift Manager
Market Leading manufacturing company in its field. Night Shift Manager role based in Stoke-on-Trent.
A vacancy has arisen for a Night Shift Supervisor at our well established commercial body and trailer manufacturing company based within Stoke on Trent.
The Role - Monday - Thursday, 6am - 6pm, managing 3 team leaders and 50 operators.
The successful applicants will report directly to our Production Manager. The requirement of the position is to lead site night shift operations to achieve target levels of output, customer service, and quality. To champion the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and encourage teamwork from all team members. To actively promote Company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordinate manufacturing activities to achieve output to plan targets
- Organise shift manning levels to ensure correct resources are available to achieve target output levels.
- Ensure production documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure quality documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update computer records and databases as required.
- Monitor and manage absence levels and take appropriate corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure issues are raised correctly via the Daily Meeting format.
- Ensure correct usage of materials and minimise scrap levels.
- Work together with Engineering to ensure best practice at lowest cost
- Participate in and champion involvement of team members in housekeeping audits.
- Ensure effective training and review of new recruits.
- Monitor and review personal development of team members.
- Conduct Team briefings as required.
- Maintain disciplines in wearing of PPE compliance of all team members.
- Embrace and champion principles of CIP and lean manufacturing.
- Carry out effective Return to Work Interviews.
- Disciplinary authority up to final warning.
- IOSH Certificate, or similar H&S qualification.
- Passionate and committed to Productivity, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Background in coachbuilding, welding, fabrication and/or heavy engineering desirable
- Computer literate
- Experience in delivering robust solutions to production, quality and safety.
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Hands-on - willingness to lead front the front
- Clear communicator - verbal and written
- Team player
- Relationship builder
- Strong customer focus
Circa £30,000 plus overtime