Evening and Night Care Assistants - Are you committed and caring?
This is a brilliant opportunity for a dedicated care worker to join a small, friendly care home that offer excellent development and training prospects in Stoke on Trent. The role would suit someone who enjoys working in a close knit team and is willing to progress their career further. There will be the opportunity to benefit from a great working environment and flexible working hours.
Our client provides 24 hour care to residents who are either elderly, or suffer from dementia.
Experience within the care industry is preferred, however not essential as full training will be given.
Essential Requirements: The successful candidate must be willing to work on a rota basis as well as;
- The ability to deliver good quality care to residents.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen sensitively to others.
Responsibilities and Tasks include: Reporting to the home manager your duties will involve;
- Carrying out regular checks on the residents and building.
- Delivering respectful personal care (i.e. bathing, toileting, skin care, oral care and assisting with dressing and undressing).
- Answering emergency bells and provide support to the resident seeking help.
- Domestic duties such as; Cleaning, Vacuuming, and Laundry duties.
- Participating in staff meetings, staff training and staff development activities.
Hours of work: Night Shift: 10pm - 8am over a 7 day rota and Evening Shift: 6pm - 10pm
Salary: Night Shifts starting from GBP7.95 per hour and Evening Shifts starting from GBP7.70
Benefits: 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata, and enrolled onto a NVQ course if not already completed.
This role would suit: Care Worker, Night Carer, Care Assistant, Waking Night Care Assistant, Support Worker and Night Care Assistant.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment!