Junior Project Engineer
Junior Project Engineer
(commutable from Tamworth, Coleshill, Coventry, Hinckley, Lutterworth, Rugby and South Leicester)
cGBP22k - GBP25k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for more than 50 years and is regarded as one of the major market leaders in the storage & material handling industry. Recognised as a reliable and innovative partner in planning and implementing complex storage and picking solutions, as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated and enthusiastic Junior Project Engineer to complement their established and highly successful team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an articulate and driven Junior Project Engineer to progress their career within a fast paced and varied environment, and it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be highly ambitious, technically minded and extremely flexible with a strong desire to succeed in all delegated tasks. With excellent communication skills at all levels and with strong organisational and prioritising abilities, you will ideally demonstrate previous experience of managing projects for customers site from the order phase through to installation completion, along with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
Core duties and responsibilities for the Junior Project Engineer role will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing projects from order placement to completion
- Processing material orders and managing material deliveries from the production facility and third party suppliers
- Communicating effectively with customers, sub-contractors and colleagues
- Preparing installation drawings using AutoCAD and compiling installation packs
- Preparing Health & Safety RAMS and documents for projects. (A health & safety qualification programme for the position will be required to be undertaken which will include the requirement to undertake a NEBOSH course)
- Plan installations for projects with the customer and sub-contractors
- Involvement in R&D prototypes for one off projects and customer sample builds
- Prepare project & build project timeline/plans through MS Excel & MS Projects and visiting sites to attend project meetings and undertake site surveys where necessary
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HND level or above in a mechanical engineering or project management discipline and demonstrate at least 2 years' previous commercial experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment. Essentially you will possess a full UK driving licence, be IT literate and proficient in the use of the MS suite of packages, and able to adopt a flexible approach to ensure customer satisfaction at every opportunity. Experience in the use of AutoCad and MS Projects will prove distinctly advantageous, as will a NEBOSH qualification and previous H&S experience.
Contact the Projects Team at Premier Technical Recruitment or email your CV in the strictest confidence to (see below) for further details.