Marketing Manager Category / Product
Our client based in Tamworth is looking to appoint a Category Marketing Manager. The role is to develop and manage the specified range within the company portfolio of services and products categories. To own and manage the supplier relationship (existing and prospective) within this category. To work closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers to identify and create opportunities through New Product Development and Range selection, to maximise growth and profit opportunity.
- Create and implement a review process across the designated range within the company portfolio, to allow full understanding of this area. Develop a strategy to optimise the ranges and maximise revenue & profit potential.
- Through research and field visits fully understand the customer experience. Identify key competitor and market trends for this product category. Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements.
- New product development - investigate opportunities for the product portfolio & present recommendations to team.
- Work closely with internal design managers and external suppliers on NPD to create strategic product developments as well as react quickly to market shifts. Create buy-in for the vision for product developments internally and with external partners. Specify the final product specification and negotiate with suppliers.
- Work with the internal stakeholders (Sales / Operations / Marketing / Finance etc) and conduct range analysis within the categories and develop optimisation plans to ensure comprehensive, profitable product ranges within the categories.
- Conduct reviews with suppliers on a pre-agreed timetable to optimise performance and investigate potential additions to both product and service portfolios.
- Education to a degree level in business studies or similar
- 3-5 years marketing related experience with expertise in product management
- Demonstrate strategic ranging/sourcing/buying
- Strong market analytical skills (range analysis/market scoping)
- Proficient with various stages of the procurement cycle from strategic sourcing through to contract management
- Experienced with new product development and launches
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience delivering stretching results within a competitive marketplace
- The ability to analyse and manage the service & product business portfolio to achieve financial and business objectives
- The ability to review business critical information and subsequently make appropriate recommendations, communicate & facilitate solutions.
Salary is 35-38K Plus benefits
Company offer superb working environment and career progression opportunities.