User Acceptance Test Manager
User Acceptance Test Manager
Initial 3 Months (18 + Month Project)
Large Automotive Company
The role will be to manage all aspects of the User Acceptance testing for the UK National Sales Centre. The User Acceptance testing will be for the functional changes of a global SAP CRM solution, as well as testing for Market specific projects.
This role is challenging and will require the candidate to be flexible, adaptable, and a quick learner to ensure that the test strategy\plan is adhered to and UAT timelines are met for this fast paced Project
The Core functional areas are:
- Case Management
- Campaign & Marketing
- Lead Management
- Aftersales Activities
- Vehicle Ordering
- BI reporting
- Data Quality Management
- Fleet and Business
- Retailer Portal
- Customer Portal
The SAP CRM Solution has a large volume of Interfaces out to both Internal and external systems, making this programme a large integration piece.
The UK market is a key market of the solution, and are therefore critical in the User Acceptance testing of the solution. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage the Testing Schedule - to ensure adherence to the overall programme schedule and be able to adopt a flexible approach, reacting & modifying plans where necessary
- Set the approach and direction for User Acceptance Testing
- Create the overall UK User Acceptance Test plan
- Work with key stakeholders within the business to define the test scenarios and test coverage that is required.
- Able to impact access change requests and new requirements on existing test scenarios and regression packs
- Work with key business resources to create test scripts - both centrally created by the UAT test resource, and created by the business users
- Manage Market resource that is assigned to User Acceptance Testers, taking into consideration that the resource is not dedicated full time to UAT
- Provide daily status updates, to both the Programme Test Manager, and the SV-CRM UK Project Manager on progress, risks and issues
- Work with the business stakeholders to define the test metrics that will be produced
- Manage and report on the daily test execution, escalating issues appropriately.
- Run and document the Test Entry and Exit meetings.
- Manage and mitigate testing risks
- Define the test environment and data requirements for User Acceptance testing.
- Manage the testing in accordance with the overall Test Strategy.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure availability and resources to support UAT Test Execution
- Assess the impact of blocking defects and change requests on the testing schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and SV-CRM releases
Key Skills and Experience
The UAT Test Manager should have the following key skills, and be able to demonstrate the application of these skills in previous roles:
- Proven track record of successfully managing UAT testing, from initial Test Scoping, through to Test Execution and Sign - Off
- Test Planning, Design and Execution Management
- The ability to be a hands on Test Manager, who can write Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and execute test scripts
- Experience of HP QC\ALM for Defect raising, Test Scripting and Execution, including Test Metrics reporting
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Adaptable, flexible, focused and self-disciplined to drive results.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Definition and management of testing glide paths / execution schedules
- Previous experience of SAP CRM is advantageous.
- Previous experience of the automotive industry is advantageous
- Previous experience of BI testing is advantageous
- Previous experience of System Integration Testing would be advantageous