Control and Instrumentation Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Control and Instrumentation Engineer to join our passionate and knowledgeable Engineering team. This is a new role which has come about due to the increasing need for improvements to our plant where you would be 'all hands on', involved in various projects and supervising a small team.
Saint-Gobain PAM is the UK arm of Saint-Gobain PAM, the international pipelines company, which employs around 9000 people and generates annual sales of GBP1.2 billion in over 120 countries.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Control and Instrumentation Engineer you will;
- Manage various projects from design, content, process engineering to executing
- Develop and maintain the SCADA control system and plant instrumentation systems to improve visualisation, control and automation of equipment to improve accurate data collection, process control and plant reliability
- Work on occasional software development
- Work with onsite teams to analyse / solve problems / find the root causes of any issues, and to constantly look to ways of improving
- Train and develop junior technicians / apprentices
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Control and Instrumentation Engineer specifically it is important that you have:
- Knowledge in PLC, SCADA and Instrumentation systems (Siemens S5/S7, Telemecanique/Schneider Premium, Wonderware Intouch, Siemens WinnCC)
- Project management and leadership skills
- Experience / knowledge with electrical systems/engineers
- Experience within an industrialised manufacturing environment
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Saint-Gobain PAM UK - part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's premier supplier of ductile iron and cast iron products to the UK's key utilities, telecoms, highways, civil engineering, construction and housing companies; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries??? Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, PAM UK is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within PAM UK or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.