Tool Hire Supervisor
In everything we do, we aim to provide a personalised, knowledgeable and trustworthy service - efficiently helping both trades' people and the general public in achieving their goals. For you, that means a fantastic work ethic, a happy environment and a great team around you.
Join the Jewson Tool Hire team and you'll build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area, whilst ensuring our customer service is excellent at all times.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a class reputation? If so we have the following opportunities to help support the continuation of our Tool Hire expansion programme.
Do you have sales experience and team-leading skills? Do you know your tools and know what's best for each and every building task?
What will I be doing in the role?
As a vital part of our Tool Supervisor team;
- You will ensure your Tool Hire area is operating at its maximum efficiency level by building relationships with customers and staff to achieve maximum sales potential and customer service.
- You will ensure that profitable customer relationships are built by maintaining regular contact with customers by telephone and in person.
- You will also ensure that any customer complaints are handled promptly and resolved to a satisfactory conclusion and customers' technical problems and issues are resolved by providing excellent help and advice.
Our 4 key measurable are;
- Customer Service - profitable customer relationships are built; customer complaints are dealt with; professional working relationships maintained with branch staff.
- Sales & Marketing - assistance with branch trade events; price awareness of local competition; literature and samples available at all times; promotion of Tool Hire.
- Health & Safety - ensure safety of self, colleagues and customers; up to date knowledge of Tool Hire H&S procedures; maintenance meets all requirements; H&S certification maintained.
- Stock Management - stock takes & PPIs; recommendations made for stock purchases. Supervising/Developing Staff - team briefs; induction training; opportunities for development are identified.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Tool Hire Supervisor specifically it is important that you have:
- Driving is required with all roles therefore you must have a full driving license and experiencing of towing would be desirable.
- Experience of people management
- Specialist product knowledge so an interest in DIY, renovations or other relevant hobbies would be great.
- Financial awareness plus a good level of numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- In all of our roles we'll need you to have great team spirit, and be prepared to help out colleagues elsewhere in the branch when required.
- To support this you will have a strong customer service ethic, preferably gained in a sales environment, and ideally have some experience of the Tool Hire industry.
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Jewson - part of the Saint-Gobain group; Saint-Gobain isthe world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries??? Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Jewson are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Jewson or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailing