Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits including participation in quarterly bonus scheme, pension, BUPA etc
In appropriate circumstances, relocation package also available
Based in Hereford
As a group, we employ over 30,000 people in 15 countries (14 sites in the UK alone). We insist in outstanding quality, not just in the materials we use and products we manufacture, but also in the people we employ. We are now recruiting an ambitious Health & Safety Manager, from an engineering/heavy industrial manufacturing background; this is an opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer within a niche industry. We are specialists in processes and know how that enable us to offer a range of products, supplying into sectors including aerospace, automotive, wind and power generation, oil and gas and defence. This is a world leading, award-winning employer who recruits to retain.
Initiates and co-ordinates programmes and activities for monitoring, reviewing and reporting the adequacy of company policy, systems and procedures for Health & Safety and risk management. Maintains company-wide surveillance of compliance with statutory regulations and takes steps to correct deviations. Generally advises and assists line management on matters of policy, interpretation and application in these fields.
- To formulate and maintain the Company Health & Safety and Risk Policies and manuals, consistent with company needs and requirements of legislation
- Keep abreast of all new legislation, updating the business on same and ensuring implementation of current, revised and new Health & Safety and Risk measures
- To provide competent H&S and Risk advice to the management team
- Liaise with the HSE, representing the company in meetings, discussions and correspondence
- Contributing to the involvement of the workforce in Heath & Safety and Risk improvement
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on Health & Safety and Risk data
- Deliver safety related training programmes
- Lead on the delivery of safety improvement plans
- Creation and communication of Safe Operating Procedures
- Carry out accident and incident investigations, reporting on same
- Carry out site safety inspections, advise on possible hazards and develop programmes for improvements in accident prevention and safety measures to minimize or eliminate such hazards
- Maintain awareness of site legal duty and changes in relevant legislation
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant role, in a Manufacturing environment/HSE or similar
- Co-ordinating the H&S activities in a complex manufacturing operation, or similar (by way of example) experience from an HSE perspective
- Proven ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels
- Collaborative communication style, ability to win the trust and confidence through technical expertise and a flexible, supportive approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand and deal with complex multi stage processes
- Practical experience of risk assessment in an industrial setting and be able to produce concise and accurate written communications, standard operating procedures and policy related documentation
- Experience of working closely with HSE/regulatory bodies
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant engineering/similar subject matter desirable
- Relevant HSE professional qualification
Package: Competitive salary and benefits; we are more focused on finding the RIGHT person for the job!
APPLICATIONS: In writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within3 working days, it may be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Thank you for your interest.