Content and Web Designer
An exciting opportunity for a digital designer to sit within the Online and Strategy team. The role will involve translating concepts into designs and assets optimised for desktop and mobile audiences.
This fast growing online retail business has grown two-fold over that past year and my client is now looking for an experienced content and web designer to help continue the success in their office in Coventry.
This Content Designer role will include the following:
- Plan, design and produce concepts and layouts for the website
- Produce site refreshes on a regular basis through updating homepage and category page pods, exporting image files and uploading to the CMS ready to go live.
- Produce pages to support product launches and seasonal campaign events, from conception through to coding and delivery.
- Ensure quality control is maintained across the site.
- Work cooperatively with the content team to ensure content reflects brand guidelines and is executed consistently across the site.
- Work with creative agencies and internal channels to acquire and share assets.
- Use the CMS to upload assets to the site.
- Work with the analytics team to analyse how content is performing and react to the results through suggesting improvements to the design/layouts.
- Ensure site optimisation and performance through considering images file sizes, page speed, accessibility, and adherence to web standards.
The Ideal candidate for this Content and Web Designer role based in Coventry will have the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6), Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong Knowledge of current web best practices, usability guidelines and accessibility requirements
- Portfolio to showcase work
- Experience designing online content for a retail business advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to explain design concepts to internal stakeholders and agencies.