Continuous Improvement Manager
What will I be doing in this is this role?
Support the business in operating safely and sustainability. Lead, train and facilitate the culture and delivery of International Timber's Manufacturing Operational Excellence strategy and Continuous Improvement mind set. To deliver a zero harm working environment, improved customer service, plant OEE, value adding lean culture and site standards across all operational sites in all areas and functions
What about the Business I'll be joining?
International Timber is a part of Saint Gobain Uk and Ireland, it offers an unrivalled depth and breadth of timber and timber products to the construction, joinery and manufacturing sectors. We specialise in the import, processing and distribution of softwoods and hardwoods from around the world to offer our customers throughout the UK excellent choice, value, availability and service. Consisting of 6 sites and distributing from three quay ports we are proud to be the largest importer of timber in the UK.
What do we look for in a Continuous Improvement Manager?
- Project Management
- Structuring and delivering business critical projects in a timely manner
- Establishing project objective and scope with key stakeholders and achieving the project stage deliverables on time in full to the agreed scheduled project plan
- Have the ability to work flexibly as priorities and business needs require
- Stakeholder Management
- Must be able to influence stakeholders so to challenge the standard working practices in a positive environment
- Gravitas and intellect to develop relationships at the highest level
- Listening and Communication
- Must be able to listen and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through the business and with customers.
- Effective trainer to internal and external personnel to develop the skill base proficiency in problem solving and continuous improvement tools and mind set
- Confident and professional debating and influencing skills to assist change management
- Problem solving
- High attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Must have a strong ability to find innovative solutions to operational and support functions bottle necks and potential failure modes.
- Degree level in Logistics or equivalent
- Experience in general stock control (multi-sites)
- Good analytical skills, processing large volumes of data to make effective decisions
- Competent user of suitable IT systems, eg, Microsoft products, particularly Excel & Access
- Valid UK driving licence and willing to drive nationally
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus a bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A company car
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your 'pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.