Senior HR Business Partner, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Experience of working in an operational engineering environment with a geographically spread population.
- Significant experience at generalist BP level working with senior managers.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of using data and research to develop, plan and implement people strategy and associated change.
- Experience of managing a wide variety of projects and driving them through to completion.
- Experience of managing complex TUPE transfers.
- Experience of managing reward issues to meet business challenges eg incentive and retention plans.
- Provide creative and innovative internal HR consultancy HR to the Transport Managing Director and Heads of Central Functions.
- Work with the HR senior team to develop a Company people plan which supports the Company and Transport business strategy and work with the wider HR team to deliver the implementation to the Transport business and Business Support.
- Challenge HR Policy and process to drive service and performance improvements adding value to both the busienss and telent.
- Work with the business management teams to ensure that people policies and practice are embraced and consistently part of the business culture by demonstrating their value.
- Enable managers to identify ways of optimising performance in their areas and driving through the implementation of change.
- Develop established metrics to identify and focus on areas for improvement and develop plans which drivebusiness performance.
- Proactively develop, promote and support business and Company wide activities and strategies which enhance employee engagement.
- Development and implementation of organisational structures that facilitate the achievement of business objectives.
- Organisation Capability Review which identifies future resourcing requirement and identifies action plans to fill future gaps.
- Plan to improve management capability across the business.
- Speedy resolution of people issues, including providing proactive guidance on complex ER issues including case management.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- CIPD qualified.
- Psychometric testing qualified.
- Uses knowledge of commercial and business drivers to contribute to development of people plans and strategies.
- Ttranslates strategies into operational plans that are practical and generate value.
- Makes decisions balancing long term strategic needs against short term gains.
- Provides clear and consistent messages to stakeholders and colleagues regarding strategic business direction and project implementation.
- Motivates others with their infectious enthusiasm and "can do" attitude, using positive language that inspires.
- Draws attention to excellent performance.
- Actively seeks to retain and develop individuals with potential by working with the business to identify challenging assignments and career opportunities that build skills and competence.
- Analyses the risk factors contributing to profitablity.
- Continually assesses the financial implications of own and others actions.
- Seeks to reduce running costs while maintaining service quality to the customer.
- Builds business cases based on data and facts.
- Stimulates and facilitates cross disciplinary communication.
- Employs a systematic approach to planning and executing.
- Avoids major problems through anticipations and contingency planning.
- Keeps all stakeholders fully informed of progress.
- Understands the diversity of customers in order to modify organisational and behavioural approach to achieve the best fit.
- Demonstrates active support for change initiatives through positive behaviour and communication of benefits.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.