Our client, a leading Automotive OEM is recruiting for an experienced Engineer with strong Material Science/Chemistry background and robust understanding of material composition and legislation. The candidate shall have good understanding of IMDS System from automotive background and proven experience in database management.
The International Material Data Systems (IMDS) Coordinator is responsible for the support and applications of the IMDS system in accordance with national and international standards, laws and regulations concerning materials and recycling.
The candidate shall have effective verbal and written communication skills able to communicate at all levels of business operations.
- Manage International Material Data System activities.
- Interface with suppliers to gather part/material data sheets and discuss the issues with the data sheets and materials.
- Review supplier data submitted for all components upon initial release and advise Purchasing/Supplier of missing or incorrect data
- Approve all assembly level Material Data Sheets, IMDS from all suppliers as necessary
- Examine restricted substances contained within the report on regular basis to ensure compliance with REACH, GADSL and OEM Specific Requirements
- Review Bills of material for part structure to ensure align with the data submitted on IMDS.
- Work with SQA team to ensure suppliers meet material compliance as part of PPAP
- Work with Engineering, Program Management, Purchasing, PLM team etc. to gather information in terms legal, statutory and business requirements and Manage OEM specific information on IMDS.
- Collaborate with BMS team on best practices, processes and procedures, reporting tools.