Transport Operations Administrator
OnPoint Executive Search Ltdare currently seeking a Operations Administrator to work for our client based in Stoke on Trent.
Monday to Friday 12pm to 10pm
Since our establishment in 1955, our client have been a leading contender in the logistics and Transport industry.
They are an award winning haulage operator offering customers cutting edge solutions to facilitate the efficient distribution of palletised freight across the UK and Europe.
A large part of their success can be attributed to no other than their highly trained, and skilful employees. Delivering a quality service requires initiative, self-discipline, and most importantly, a great personality.
As an Operations Administrator you will be required to assist the General Haulage and Express Freight departments by directing and dealing with a large number of inbound calls, delivery queries, service exceptions and customer and warehouse queries. Attention to detail, excellent telephone manner, proficient with Microsoft packages and IT and strong administration skills are essential to fulfil the role. They are looking for an outstanding individual that possesses drive, motivation and determination and a willing to progress upwards through the transport industry.
- Liaising with drivers, customers and partners
- Monitor vehicle movements against planned schedules
- Resolution of delivery issues and customer queries
- Instructing drivers on next jobs while updating the traffic schedule
- Preparation of transport jobs and paperwork collation when required
- Various paperwork administration and transport filing
- Extensive driver debriefing during evening
- Instructing drivers on next jobs
- Self-motivated, ambitious, reliable and enthusiastic
- A good memory and keen eye to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease
- You must have the ability to manage your workload efficiently to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- Excellent people skills across various peer groups
- Previous experience of working in similar roles
- Demonstrate clearly that you can work on your own initiative to fulfil the tasks laid out
- Excellent IT literacy
- Have a caring and understanding approach to all calls
- Have the tenacity to succeed and the ability to grow in the role