Senior Accountant With travel
Senior Accountant role, up to GBP44k, in Rugby, will involve extensive travel to Dublin in the first year only.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are recruiting for this dynamic and forward thinking company based in Rugby, a medium sized business, which is part of a European parent. The business is a competitive results driven organisation who are achieving revenue and market share growth year on year.
Your new role
You will be commercially minded, with the facility to control the reporting for the UK arm of the business. The role will report to the Financial Controller in Rugby and ultimately will be 100% UK based at their Rugby offices.
Monthly & Annual Reporting:
- Year-end annual accounts & liaison with auditors
- Managing working capital
- Managing annual budgeting process
- Preparation of detailed monthly pack for presentation to Group Finance
- Build key internal relationships across the group to ensure the finance function is closely linked to all areas of the business
- Detailed analysis of profitability by activity
- Provide monthly KPIs and commentary for management
- Overseeing preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Reviewing actual company results Vs budget & forecasts
- Pricing - support pricing policy and review profit per product & contract
- Develop and improve financial reporting
- Work with Marketing and IT teams to streamline processes
In addition, the role will be responsible for implementing a new system across the finance functions which include accounts receivable, accounts payable, shipping, invoicing, cost accounting and financial reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold a professional accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA. Prior system implementation experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an advantage. As the role will have interaction with non-finance staff, you will have excellent interpersonal skills.
During the first year there will be a requirement for extensive travel with up to 2 week stays at the office in Dublin. This will be to facilitate a suitable handover with the current incumbent. After this period, travel should significantly reduce.
What you'll get in return
A basic salary of up to GBP44,000 per annum plus great benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.