Finance Manager - Metering
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
A new role has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join our UK Finance team as Finance Manager (Metering). This is a high-profile role Business Partnering the Metering team at an exciting time as we roll out Smart Meters across our customer base.
- Business partnering the Metering Team
- Forecasting metering costs
- Owning the month end process for metering spend
The role day to day
- Forecasting metering spend (as part of the rolling monthly forecast), identifying risks and opportunities to improve performance and delivering those with the business
- Working closely with the Head of Metering Operations, Service Delivery Manager and their teams, explaining their actual spend and developing a suite of management reporting (incorporating appropriate KPI's and cost/revenue drivers)
- Working with the Gross Margin Accountant to ensure completed and accurate reporting of the month end position
- Creating business cases (e.g the negotiation of metering contracts, IT investment to support metering)
- Identifying opportunities to improve commercial terms with suppliers of metering services
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role
- You will be a qualified accountant with several years post qualification experience
- Experience both producing management accounts and business partnering operational teams
- Experience interrogating / manipulating large volumes of complex data to identify issues / opportunities and presenting the analysis in a clear manner
- Excellent Excel modelling skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Enjoy the challenges that come with working in a customer focused, fast paced, dynamic and growing business
- Strong influencing and presentational skills necessary to influence senior management
The 'nice to haves’
- Energy industry experience (or if not Retail / FMCG)
- Experience of metering
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.