Children's Residential Support Worker
Position: Residential Children’s Support Worker
Location: Coventry Henley
Are you a friendly, fun and bubbly character with good communication skills, a caring nature, and passionate in proving outstanding care and support to children and young people? Then we may have the perfect role you’ve been waiting for!
The N-Trust management team is readily accessible to each and every member of staff in a balanced fashion. They work as hard for you as you do for them.The N-Trust management team demonstrates at every opportunity, that it values the contributions made by each and every member of its Care and support teams.N-Trust tailors your hours and shift patterns to compliment your lifestyle and remain flexible to your needs. We foster real relationships and have time for our people. Consistency and continuity of work is one of N-Trusts highest priorities. Continuing Personal Development and classroom based training is provided by a fully qualified N-Trust Trainer against a schedule which suits you.
So if the current support and investment you receive falls anywhere short of this? Call N-Trust Now!
We have exciting opportunities for a young persons Care/Support worker to join the team covering a variety of day and waking night nights. The hours would involve working on a flexible bank basis and can involve early, late and night shifts. Staff would be responsible for the provision of supporting young people with Learning disabilities, Complex needs, and Challenging Behaviour.
The successful candidate would need to be very pro-active in supporting individuals within a residential care setting covering all aspects of care and support. Duties can include personal care, escorting out into the community, challenging behaviour, days out, walking, educational activities, sports, and games.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Must have experience supporting children with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and or complex needs.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding and the significance of safeguarding.
- Ability to use your own initiative whilst working within the role, and be seen to contribute to team ethos and dynamics off the organisation.
- At least 6 months UK based experience within a children’s residential setting is required
Preferred but not essential:
- QCF2 (NVQ2) or above is desirable but not essential
- CYP Level 2 or above
- All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check, expense to be met by applicant