Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
* To work within a customer facing project team to deliver and support application solutions for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities
* To create the technical requirements documentation based on business process requirements
* To support the application selection and sourcing processes
* To manage 3rd party suppliers including specification of requirements, product selection, technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations
* End to end responsibilty for the specification, design, configuration and deployment of the solutions, including all documentation, statements of work, process maps, handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations.
* To ensure that the solutions include the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas and that the solutions are fully integrated with the other deliverable areas
* To develop a strong understanding of the application portfolio used within the operational environment
* To provide out of hours support as required for application faults
* Develop technical specifications, system architecture documentation and other relevant documentation
* Undertake application and database configuration
* Managing the unit, system and integration testing
* Providing support on applications, reports and interfaces
* Liaise with software vendors where necessary and apply or oversee relevant software updates and patches.
* Monitor performance and efficiency of applications and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary
* Provide advice to end users on how to operate the applications
* Resolve technical queries
* Provide application training as required
* Test new applications and upgrades
* Create and maintain the system documentation
* Previous experience of delivering successful projects within a customer facing orgainsation.
* In depth experience of implementing and supporting applications in one fo the following domains:
- Business (including document management, collaboration and reporting),
- Service management
- Network management
* To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an upto date knowledge of applications.
* Creation of clear and concise technical specifications
* A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience
* Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and communicate effectively.
* Strong technical knowledge across all components of applications technology.
* Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
* Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
* Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
* Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
* Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
* Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.