Software Developement Director
A leading Software House firm are looking to hire a Software Development Director to join their UK based software development team where you will be responsible for the end to end software development lifecycle for all technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading software houses at a time where they are experiencing fantastic success and growth. My client are a leading technology partner to general insurance brokers in the UK and Irish markets, with a reputation for being one of the leading technology partners in the general insurance industry. Therefore as a successful Software Development Director you will be working in a team-focused environment where the business support each other to achieve outstanding results.
As a Software Development Director some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- The Delivery of the customer roadmap to time and budget
- Managing and deliver the customer backlog
- Promote best practice software development methodologies and processes
- Provide regular departmental reports and dashboards enabling the Board to have transparency of governance matters, project requirements and delivery which incorporates quality, cost, reliability and time bound measures
- Maintain optimum headcount to efficiently deliver departmental objectives
- Manage inter departmental dependencies and interfaces between projects/programs
- Ensure that the quality of software developments produced is class leading
- Interact with both internal and external customers, to meet agreed service levels.
- Feed into the annual budget setting process providing cost justification for delivery projects
- Maintain regular dialogue with the department management team
- Drive the three key areas of the software development team, i.e. Strategy; Supply and Delivery showing improvement in KPI's across all areas quarter on quarter
As a Software Development Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Must have worked in an environment where a mix of legacy and new technologies / languages are prevalent
- Proven track record in delivering an AGILE transition across a mix of development teams
- Knowledge of insurance software solutions
- Experience of insurance broking business processes
- Experience in managing multiple parties including consultancy and outsource partners
- Successfully transitioned legacy on premise software to cloud based platforms
If you are interested and would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply with your up to date CV to receive a full job specification or call for a confidential chat.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.