Children's Residential Support Worker & Practitioner
Due to continued growth of our client’s services we are looking for experienced Residential Care Practitioners/Support Workers in North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire. They have vacancies in Telford area of Shropshire.
Our client specialises in providing bespoke outstanding education and care for children age 11-18 years of age with complex needs, which includes crisis intervention, long term placement and preparing individuals to be able to live independently in the future. They are quality driven and their integrated approach to care, education and therapy brings consistency and successful outcomes. They are very proud of their reputation and offer fantastic progression opportunities for the right person.
Your role as an experienced Children’s Residential Support Worker/Practitioner will be to provide high quality therapeutic care to young people within our care and work towards successful outcomes and goals for our individuals with our very specialised team.
Pay Rates, Benefits & Hours
· £15’200 - £19’500 Dependent on qualifications and experience
· £27.50 sleep in allowance
· Hours: 2 shifts on 8am - 11pm + Sleep Over then 4 days off, this will include weekends as the rota is rolling.
· Sick Pay Scheme, Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
· Discount Schemes including discount from car leasing.
· Excellent 3-week induction programme with fantastic training.
· Ongoing support and professional development.
· Funded opportunities to access Therapeutic Foundation Degree & other qualifications.
What experience do I need to be a Children’s Residential Support Worker/Practitioner?
· Car Drivers are essential as you may need to transport our Children.
· Previous experience and understanding of working as a Support Worker with Children and Young People with multiple complex needs including autism, learning Difficulties, deep routed trauma, sexual exploitation and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
· Experience of working with Children with very challenging and complex behaviours.
· You will be calm, emotionally sensitive and be able to close the door when you go home.
The following qualifications are necessary for this position
· QCF Level 3 - Health & Social Care
· QCF Level 3 - Caring for Children & Young People
· QCF Level 3 - Health & Social Care Children & Young People
· Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
· Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care - Children & Young People for Wales & NI
Do you have any questions? Or require further information? If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to hear more about the vacancy, please click on apply. If you meet the above criteria one of our consultants will contact, you and give you further information about the position. We always treat applications in the strictest of confidence.