Accommodation Desk Manager
Accommodation Desk Manager - Central Services
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented Accommodation Desk Manager in our Swynnerton office.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated procurement professionals.
As the Accommodation Desk Manager, they will have a detailed understanding of accommodation & plant market to enable a strategic vision to be created & implemented across the Group. The Accommodation Desk Manager will manage relationships across a diverse Supply Chain to deliver positive results (financial, service & quality) for our staff & partners. They will provide support to the wider Group Procurement Team in achieving best value buying solutions for Accommodation & associated Plant generally and placing risk averse, robust orders.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As an Accommodation Desk Manager you will:
- Applying best practice to buying and/or the requisition processes and effective adoption of agreed PLC practice and procedure.
- Ensure a robust supplier selection process is maintained for each project and work stream.
- Ensure adherence to agreed purchasing procedures/policies (including ISO9001 & 14001) in accordance with Group Purchasing Agreements where applicable, resulting in timely and robust packages.
- Active participation in team meetings, end of contract reviews, project reviews, monthly reporting and other activities as required.
- Working with the Procurement Team to ensure that the administration of purchase orders is at all times optimised in particular that;
- Requisition, authorisation and goods received processes are robustly applied.
- Orders are placed in a timely fashion in accordance with the agreed procurement/production programme.
- Order documentation is appropriate to the main contract and that disputes are avoided and/or managed appropriately where applicable.
- Ensuring Specifications are complied with fully on each project under his/her control to minimise risk to the Company, or ensure changes are properly authorised & publicised to necessary parties, both internal & external
- Risk is suitably dissipated by allocation as appropriate to the supplier, including but not limited to re-measurement/quantitative, warranty/guarantee, design, contractual risks, etc.
Extensive experience and knowledge of site accommodation and associated products and services is required, as well as previous experience within a Procurement role and a well-developed understanding of the UK Construction market.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.