Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Salary: up to £39,834 - £59,752 basic + car/car allowance + bonus + benefits (28 days holiday + bank holiday, pension, annual bonus)
Royal London's platform division is a growing, successful business and one of the largest employers in central Bath. Our investment platform is used by financial advisers to manage their clients' money and is marketed under the Ascentric brand. With strong financial backing from the Royal London Group and an unwavering focus on our customers; our platform has grown into an award winning, flexible and transparent service that allows both advisers and investors to view and manage their investment portfolios in one place online. We have enjoyed significant growth every year since launch in 2007 and we now look after over £13bn of our customers' investments.
Our business continues to grow rapidly and it is an open, honest and dynamic place to work. It's an exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our sales team based in the Midlands
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, growing and establishing relationships within their existing panel of IFA firms. You will also be responsible for the execution of the sales strategy by conducting targeted IFA activity to sign up IFA firms and create IFA pipeline.
- Build and maintain relationships with business owners, advisers and key administration staff at our paneled adviser firms.
- Fact-finding IFA firms to gain a true understanding of their business model and where Royal London can add value.
- Growing the panel value by working closely with firms to gain more of an advisers business and securing business from more advisers within a firm.
- Growing the panel size by sourcing and securing new firms to the business.
- The ongoing management of asset flows from an existing panel of IFA firms using RLPS.
- To be responsible for the active management of business transition plans into IFA businesses and ongoing account management activity.
- To segment existing panel and focus activity accordingly, working closely with targeted firms to advance them into higher segments, where appropriate.
- To capture targeted assets under administration (AUA) onto the RLPS Wrap Platform.
- To identify and sign up firms to the wrap platform. Establish and agree an account plan with the firm which details the new AUA to be moved onto the platform and timescales / requirements to achieve this.
- Deliver any required Due Diligence requests and / or 'beauty parades' to firms who have expressed a wish to use the RLPS Platform via any means
- Conduct lead generation activity to supplement marketing campaigns and also run own proactive campaigns and conduct regular networking.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- An understanding of the Wrap Platform market.
- Level 4 Diploma qualified or willing to study for further relevant professional qualifications.
- Excellent consultative selling skills with a results driven orientation and strong track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong client-facing focus and the ability to manage good working relations.
- Ability to negotiate at all levels, with experience of dealing at Senior Management levels.
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Numerate with experience in preparing business cases for investment and creating compelling business proposals demonstrating value to client organisations.
- Flexible approach to work including hours and travel commitments.
This is a great opportunity to work within a professional vibrant office for a successful organisation with genuine career progression potential
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact dan.galstaun@resource- management.co.uk
As part of the Royal London Group, you can expect to enjoy very competitive benefits package (including 28 days holiday and the option to buy more) and a culture that puts its customers at the heart of everything we do.
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.