Marketing and Communications officer
Marketing and Communications officer
£13,000 - £13,500 Commensurate with experience
Wednesday 13 September 2017
5.00 pm, Friday 29 September 2017
Part time permanent
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Part-Time, (30 hours per week)
£13,000-£13,500 per annum depending on experience
Founded in 1863, Tettenhall College is an independent, coeducational day and boarding school providing continuous quality education from nursery at age 2 to university entrance at age 18. The College is situated on the western outskirts of Wolverhampton and stands in 33 acres of attractive grounds and is one of the leading independent schools in the West Midlands.
The College is looking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Officer to promote the School and provide support to Head of Marketing and Development in implementing the marketing strategy for the School.
This is an exciting time to join the Marketing and Admissions Team at this thriving independent day school. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Development, you will help to develop internal and external communications and fulfil a vital role in marketing the School, developing the School’s brand and maximising pupil recruitment.
You will work on the development of our digital platforms and social media strategy and will oversee the design of printed materials, including the production of artwork for both on and off-line. We are therefore looking for someone with a keen interest in photography and videography. You will need exceptional organisational and copywriting skills, a great eye for detail, a flair for journalism and an understanding of how to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including staff and current and prospective parents of the School.
The successful applicant will be able to think on their feet, be approachable, professional and discreet and be confident to take the initiative. You will be confident in managing social media accounts, increasing on-line brand awareness and content management systems. Editorial and design experience is desirable.
Ideally you will have previous experience working in marketing and/or gained a relevant marketing qualification.
The main functions of the role are:
· Proactively seek exciting stories and write engaging copy for printed publications, social media and website news pages.
· Update content and develop website and social media platforms in line with the annual content strategy ensuring that it is kept up to date and current.
· Oversee the design and production of a variety of internally and externally printed School publications.
· Prepare and distribute press releases to local and national press.
· Develop the School’s on-line presence using organic and paid for methods.
· Be responsible for the taking of and cataloguing of school photography where necessary.
· Provide administrative support to the Marketing and Development department.
- Help nurture and strengthen relationships with alumni and former parents thus preparing the ground for future fundraising.
- Assist in organisation and marketing of events for the Development office.
- Maintain and update alumni database as necessary.
The College would like the successful candidate to start employment in November 2017 or earlier if possible.
Lunch is provided free of charge. A full job description and further details are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 1700 on Friday 29 September 2017, and interviews will be held the week commencing 9 October 2017. Applications should be made on the Tettenhall College application form which is available on request from email@example.com or from Vacancies | Tettenhall College.
Tettenhall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Tettenhall College is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of sex, race, religion, disability or age.