Apprentice - Enterprise & Development - North Shropshire College
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ON THE ATTACHED COLLEGE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED
Main Purpose of the Post
Based at our Walford Campus, to support staff in the Enterprise and Development Department in the delivery of externally funded projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities to include:
- Keep records of project activities up to date in an audit ready condition.
- Liaise with staff from across the college and partnership organisations to facilitate the delivery of projects.
- To assist with the logistical organisation of project delivery.
- Attend meetings and events to promote and provide information on project activities
- Assist with hosting activities in relation to overseas participants visiting the UK
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating progress of project delivery against project plans
- Participate in the College quality assurance and self-assessment procedures
- Undertake other duties relevant to the role as directed by the line manager
The post holder is expected to act at all times in a manner that encourages equality of opportunity for all Students, Staff and Visitors to the College and also to adhere to their responsibilities as required to ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to work and study.
Further details on both these issues can be found in the College Equal Opportunities Policy and Health and Safety Policy which are widely available and in College libraries and on the College Intranet.
An enhanced Disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be a requirement of employment and positions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note that a record of a conviction may not automatically prevent a candidate from receiving an unconditional offer of employment.
- Working towards a L2 or L3 Business Admin/Customer Service Qualification
- Good communication, IT, administration and organisational skills
- The ability to work flexibly on own initiative to meet deadlines
- A working knowledge of post 16 Further Education
- To be prepared to undertake appropriate staff development to increase skills and knowledge
- Able to get on well with people at all levels and represent the College at external briefings and meetings.
- Ability to achieve negotiated targets
- Ability to drive and have use of a car
- Willingness to travel abroad accompanying students.