Part Qualified Accountant
GBP30-35k per annum
A leading global manufacturer of industrial generators and compressors are currently seeking an Accountant who will be responsible for general accounting functions, including the production of the monthly profit and loss account to operating earnings level for one of the plant locations. You will ideally have experience of cost accounting within a manufacturing environment. You will have knowledge of margin analysis, variance reporting, stock accounting etc. and have extensive SAP knowledge. As well as the competitive basic salary, they offer 25 days holiday, rising to 32 with service, a pension after 3 months and a generous life assurance scheme. They work with a diverse customer base through a family of trusted brands.
The Role: As Accountant you will be: -
- General Ledger - Preparation and posting of accurate and timely journal entries, including analysis of income type expense accounts whilst maintaining and controlling General Ledger integrity and system processing.
- Reconciliations: Performs monthly general ledger account reconciliations, which may include warranties, various accruals and prepayments, obsolete and slow moving inventory provisions and any other requisite balance sheet reserves.
- Reports: Provides timely, accurate and professional reports that may include daily input / output updates, weekly shipping forecasts, inventory analysis plus annual federal and state tax type schedules required by both domestic and international locations.
- Inventory: Assists with the coordination of the annual physical inventory preparation, count and reconciliation including book to count investigation and explanation.
- Analysis: Analyse business trends, operations, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to provide actionable information for local, divisional and corporate management.
To be successful in the Accountant role you will have:
- Part-qualified in ACCA or CIMA
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications as well as SAP and BPC financial systems.
- Experience in public, global manufacturing or in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge and practical experience with corporate accounting, reporting and consolidation issues including those associated with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Should have the ability to identify and investigate trends and potential issues and work with upper management.
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- GBP30-35k per annum
- 25 days holiday, rising to 32 with length of service
- Pension after 3 months
- 2 x salary life assurance
- Health Plan Scheme
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.