Site Finance Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Finance Analyst to join the Sainsbury's Argos Distribution Finance Team. You will be responsible for providing daily, weekly, periodic and annual analytical support to the Distribution Centre management team, including financial information and analysis, to help them make sound commercial business decisions and ultimately drive savings. Providing the Distribution Finance Manager with both a short and long-term view of pertinent issues concerning the Distribution Centre operation and identify any material risks to, and opportunities for, the main business.
So, what will I be doing as a Site Finance Analyst?
- Prepare the weekly and periodic management accounts for the on-site Management team. Preparing both figures and commentary and present the figures to the team
- Prepare plans and budgets for the Distribution Centre management, obtaining mutual commitment and agreement and subsequently reviewing performance deviations and advising of required future corrective actions in review and ad-hoc meetings
- Attend weekly finance updates with the Distribution Centre Manager to provide further analysis if required, providing information, professional advice and interpretation of data thereby actively participating in the decision-making process of Distribution
- To complete the daily volume information required by both on site Management team and Central Distribution
- Evaluate tactical local Distribution projects, understanding how each will impact on the growth of Argos and retrospectively ensure that the stated benefits of each project are delivered to the business
What do I need?
- Graduate calibre or equivalent academics
- Professional finance qualification - ACA / ACCA / CIMA, minimum 2+ years PQE
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Strong excel skills and the ability to work with large volumes of data
- Prior experience in a large company environment, preferably retail or distribution
Sound great, but what will I get in return?
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn't enough, you'll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 22 days' holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury's and Habitat
At Sainsbury's Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It's our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They're the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have recently joined Sainsbury's in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.