Material Planner - Contract - Up to GBP18.00 per hour - Warwickshire
Material Planner required by iconic automotive OEM based Warwickshire. As this renowned organisation enters its second century with its strongest model line-up in its history and significant investment, an exciting future is ahead. Are you a supply chain professional looking to be part of a new and evolving Supply Chain team?
As Material Planner, you will schedule and control the supply of components/materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with attaining target stock levels. To be aware of all factors that affects or may affect availability of use/fitment for all parts controlled. Your responsibilities will include:
- Generation and communication supplier material delivery schedules to ensure that they correctly reflect requirements to meet immediate and future production demands.
- Assure supply of materials to meet the production schedule and / or minimum safety stock levels.
- Understand and manage risks to the material supply plan to minimise impact on the production schedule.
- Take the lead in co-ordinating the implementation of modifications with the supply base to minimise obsolete stock and assure material availability.
- Initiate inventory management and stock adjustments when required, to maintain continued accuracy and reliability of stock records. Key liaison with the Logistics Provider and Inventory Analysis Team to ensure inventory record accuracy.
- Negotiate with supplier, the finance for "special transport" to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum, whilst maintaining material availability.
- Where quality problems threaten production continuity, raise containments/rework requests, organize rework required, obtain suppliers authorization for cost where applicable to enable release of goods not confirming to Engineering specification.
- On time in full supply of parts to delivery schedule.
- Arrears - number of suppliers and number of parts.
- Parts missed point of fit and linestops.
- Number and age of quantity related invoice queries.
- Value of obsolescence related to model changes, engineering changes and overmax stock levels.
We are looking to recruit a Material Planner with a proven track record in Material Planning & Logistics, ideally in the automotive industry. Are you a Materials Planning specialist who has the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure? Do you have a proven track record of working within the Automotive Industry? Looking for a new supply chain assignment or the opportunity to join one of the World's leading iconic automotive OEMs? Contact Lisa at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.