Information Security Officer
Six Degrees is looking for an entry level information security candidate with a basic understanding of security principles and technical knowledge.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Business Management Framework including ISO27001:2013 and ISO9001:2015 compliance requirements. At the discretion of the company, this role and its duties may develop as the company evolves and undertakes further compliance and certification
- Maintain Six Degrees' certifications.
- Responsible for documentation generation and management.
- Provide assistance to the Information Security teams within the business; support security monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintain, communicate and promote compliance with Six Degrees Business Management standards and compliance framework.
- Manage information security awareness training programs for all employees, contractors and others (as necessary).
- Work directly within the business structure to facilitate the Risk Management process; assist with information asset management, data retention and protection.
- Prepare Six Degrees for bi-annual external audits and conduct internal auditing in accordance with the audit schedule.
- Stay abreast of regulations and legislation that could affect Six Degrees; manage the relationships with any supervisory bodies or regulatory bodies that engage with the company.
- Conduct Due Diligence checks with suppliers and support the 'tender' process within the business; able to provide information to the Sales team in a timely manner.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities, able to cope with conflicting demands and prioritise task streams.
- Effective communication skills including written and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and organised procedural documentation including spreadsheets, word documents and learn risk management software.
- To demonstrate a positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude when engaging with clients or representing Six Degrees.
- To be commercial aware and look for potential revenue opportunities within the existing client base during day-to- day activities.
- Able to effectively manage 3 rd party relationships with the best interests of Six Degrees foremost in the process.
- Knowledge of ISO27001:2013, industry regulations and government legislation.
- Experience and knowledge of basic security principles.
- Problem analysis and solving
- Planning and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Influencing skills
- Continual Service Improvement ethos
- Time keeping