Senior Manager - Fraud Risk Management
Barclays Global Fraud Risk The key will be to ensure alignment to the Barclays Global Fraud Transaction Cycle, whilst also delivering the overall Barclays strategy across BUK, BarclayCard US, Corporate and Investment Bank. We will also look to see how we can continue to leverage best practice from all areas to deliver more effective and efficient Risk Management services, which in turn will enhance both our customer and colleague experiences.
Fraud is dishonest behaviour with the intent to make a gain, or cause a loss to others, through false representations, abusing positions of trust or failing to disclose information. Fraud often involves organized crime with links to other serious criminal acts including terrorism, drug and people trafficking. In all cases, fraud typically results in financial loss, tarnished reputations and damaged communities, companies and individuals.
The role of the fraud risk team is to assess the risks we face and ensure strategies are put in place to mitigate these risks to protect our business, clients and customers without compromising the accessibility of our products and services. We can never fully stop fraud, but we can deter criminal elements by making the Bank a more resilient place to fraud attempts, which in turn gives our customers greater confidence to entrust their business with us
- Overall purpose of role:
- Direct a team of analysts responsible for the management of Fraud decision strategy, to maximise the performance of Fraud risk systems, toolkits and associated data and processes to contribute directly to the proactive detection of fraud and the reduction of fraud losses while minimising impact to our genuine customers and their transactions
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities
- Ensure effective score and rule performance management for fraud detection tools ensuring optimal False Positive rates and Key Performance Indicators such as alert volume SLAs, Victims of fraud, Fraud Losses are set and achieved.
Management of the design and production of analysis and monitoring to prevent and detect fraud, responding to emerging trends and atta ck. Identify, monitor, escalate and respond to emerging fraud trends in MO, attack profile, customer profile.
Provision of fraud systems/data Subject-matter-expertise in the evaluation and development of new fraud systems / tools and their implementation. C ontribute to strategic thought and consultancy across Fraud Risk management systems, data and related processes and/ or provide sustained/significant consultancy support to wider business programmes.
Drive the delivery of predictive analytics and models to allow the development of new Fraud Management solutions and better understand fraud control strategies that may be deployed
Own stakeholder management with specific key areas of the bank including Group Fraud Risk Management, RBB Fraud Management, Credit Risk, RBB Operations & Technology and Compliance
- Provision of analytics expertise in relation to vendor managed services, such as Fair Isaac and Experian. To ensure these services are optimal, and challenge where performance does not meet with Barclays standards or SLA
- Stakeholder management and leadership.
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders to ensure fraud risks are identified and mitigated across system control framework
- Present and communicate results to Senior Management (Director / Managing Director), working closely with Director to ensure consistent approach
- Act as a fraud expert within analytics arena , deputising for Fraud Director as appropriate.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to analyse and make decisions at speed to counteract fast-paced Fraud attack
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Strong leadership skills
- Recognised accurate delivery at speed
- Working knowledge of SAS/ SQL and experience of working in a data intensive environment
- Strong level of influence across the Group
- Commercial judgement and awareness.
- Ability to challenge and to be innovative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to absorb large quantities of data at speed, making the right decisions quickly with limited data availability
- Advanced statistical understanding (ideally working knowledge of statistical modelling and neural networks)
- Experience of directing and focusing activities across a team with wide responsibilities/ significant influence
- Proven track record in remote management of direct reports
- Completion of a degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, operations research or related area or significant relevant experience
- Passionate about data analysis and how this contributes to the business
- Strong track record in performing data analysis and building predictive models, utilising a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) for large financial institutions
- A self-motivated team player who is able to define structure and prioritise work for self, but who also has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate.
- A good knowledge of data analysis, theory and multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression)
- Ability to act as 'Subject Matter Expert' in a specialist knowledge area of fraud analytics and fraud decision system management
- Able to communicate complex data/ system issues and solutions to a varied stakeholder audience