Group Financial Controller
During what is a period of exciting change within the Police Mutual Group due to our rapid growth and ambitious plans for the future we are now seeking a Group Financial Controller to support a key stage in its business cycle and business growth.
Managing a the Financial Accounting Support Team your day duties and responsibilities will be to manage and continuously develop the financial control environment of the Police Mutual Group and associated entities. You must be able to manage implications of latest regulatory and accounting standards developments and provide strategic insight in ensuring proactive management of financial arrangements.
Within this role you will:
- Ensure the group financial controls procedures and processes are maintained and followed
- Provide papers and relevant information to Audit Committee or Managing Board as required
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and other external or assurance related stakeholders
- Manage the financial accounting controls team and ensure high financial reporting standards, multi-skilling and effective team development processes are successfully embedded
- Support the Solvency II programme, enabling own teams to deliver Solvency II compliant outputs
What we need from you:
- Experience of working in a Financial Controller position within the insurance industry or within Banking/Financial Services is essential
- Deep knowledge relating to finance, financial transactions, financial statements and reporting
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience in completion of Statutory Accounts including group consolidation
- Knowledge of Solvency II reporting
- IFRS and UK GAAP reporting knowledge
- Branch and subsidiary accounting
- Experience of working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment
- Strong management and communication skills, with experience of leading teams with the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Experienced SUN user (preferable)
In return we provide a great working environment together with a fantastic employee benefits package. Benefits include a competitive salary complemented by 27 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare; plus flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role please apply now.